There’s no wrong way to enjoy an ice cold Tecate Mexican Lager. You can definitely just pop the top and enjoy. Some people like to make a michelada, which is basically a bloody Mary made with beer. Some like it in a frosted mug with lime juice at the bottom and a salted rim.
Personally, I like to keep things simple. When I googled “how to drink Tecate,” I didn’t find much help, which is why I decided to make the blog post and instructional video. If you have a cool drink hack or beer hack, why keep it to yourself, right?
So here is the way I think is the best way to garnish and consume a refreshing Tecate beer:
- Pop the top on the can and leave the tab vertical.
2. Cut a lime in half and place it directly on top of the tab.
3. Squeeze and twist the lime juice into the Tecate.
4. Shake salt on the top of the can, the lime juice will help it stick. Be sure to get some into the opening of the can but be careful, it will start to fizz.
5. Enjoy your one-prop Tecate with lime and salt. re-apply salt as you go if desired.
6. Celebrate the victory of the Mexican army over the French Empire in 1862 every Cinco de Mayo with at least 9-10 of these tasty Tecate limed-up beers.
That’s the answer to “how do you drink Tecate?” I hope you feel enlightened, informed and are on your way to feeling buzzed. Feel free to reach out on social media if you have other creative ways to enjoy Tecate or any other adult beverage for that matter.